FAQ - Netbolt Smart Padlock
- Where are my fingerprints locate? Are they online?
All fingerprints are stored locally in the padlock, no one has the access except the users.
- Are there any video instructions about how to set up the lock?
Yes, check it here in the product page. (Hyperlink)
- Can I use the lock for outside places?
Yes, this lock is IP-65 waterproof, which means it is protected against water jets from any angle, and dust tight with no ingress of dust.
- Is the lock good for all ages of people?
Unfortunately, fingerprints are tending to wear-out for old people, so the fingerprint reader may have trouble reading the fingerprints.
- Is there any other way to open this lock?
No, this lock is totally enclosed without any screws on the bottom or back. Unless someone comes with metal cutter :D
- What is this padlock made of?
It is made of aluminum alloy because it is much safer than other plastic fingerprint locks.
- How reliable is the fingerprint unlocking reader?
The lab result for FAR (False Acceptance Rate) is 1/100,000. So, we say this lock is safe.
- How long the battery will last if I use it for gym use like on everyday basis?
The fully charged lock will generally last 200 days for everyday usage basis.
- Is the lock approved by TSA?
No, it is not. Our padlock does not have any keyhole on it..